Sunday, November 30, 2014

Fall Finds #1

A bottle collector in Cumberland, RI was moving to Florida, and had decided to sell most of his bottles. I saw his ad on Craigslist, and the bottles looked promising. It turned out to be a very good pick, and he was quite fair with his prices. My favorite bottle was a J.A. Hebert Central Falls, RI quart size whiskey bottle. This liquor dealers blob top bottles are semi-common, but I have never seen a rectangular whiskey before!


Another new bottle from the Cumberland collector was a Crown Bottling Co. Pawtucket, RI crown top soda. While this is a listed bottle, I have one with a round slugplate, and this one has an oval slugplate. I suppose one must be unlisted!


Another fairly common medicine is a Geo. B. Harris Est. 1860 Centreville, RI. This example has no punctuation whatsoever. That makes it my 5th version!


Ah, yes, this post wouldn't be complete without an Otis Clapp & Son bottle! This one has M.B.W. Millville embossed on the base. The Millville Bottle Works was located in New Jersey, and manufactured a wide variety of bottles.