Sunday, January 18, 2015

Fall Finds #7

A the construction site continued to produce bottles, despite some of them being bad teasers, like a Hazard Hazard & Co. Newport & New York. This fancy square bottle has rounded corners and a frosted throat, making it unlisted. (pardon these pictures, better ones to come!)


Just when I thought I had all the different versions, I found another Mt. Hope Distilling Co. Providence aqua blob. The only extra embossing was Registered, which was embossed on the front heel. This one makes 14 versions now.


Another fairly common soda showed up in an uncommon style. A Sullivan Bros. Providence, RI crown top had a distinct narrow body and long sloping shoulders. It was enough to be a new variant, and is my 10th Sullivan bottle.


I was invited to pick a southern RI basement, and found an assortment of neat stuff, from medicines to stone jugs! A Thomas J. Bannon Druggist Westerly & Watch Hill, RI was one of my favorites. A 4-1/4”, it was an unlisted size.


Back at the construction site, a damaged A.F. Cappelli Atwells Ave. Providence, RI blob had a different look to it. Sure enough, it had “Registered” embossed way up on the neck, which is unusual.