Thursday, April 23, 2015

New But Not Mine

A fellow collector found a shard embossed C.F. Gladding Pharmacist Warren, RI. There is only one Warren pharmacist bottle listed (Bennett), so this is a completely unlisted bottle. Hopefully there's a whole one out there!


I received an email asking for info on a T.E. Hickey & Co. This Bottle Registered Providence, RI blob. There are no Hickey bottles listed with “this bottle registered” embossed in the slugplate. The owner was dismayed to learn it didn't have a lot of value, and consequentially decided not to sell it, but I least I know it exists!


Another surprise discovery was a Five Sullivan Bros. Wickenden St. Providence, RI crown top. Normally a very common soda, this example had the address embossed, which no other versions do. A bidder who can sometimes be the bane of my existence (he once paid $400 for a $10 bottle) outbid me, but when there is one there's always another.


Another exciting Ebay listing was for a Gorman & Co. Providence, RI squat soda. The only Gorman soda listed is a tall blob, so I put in a higher than usual bid for it. Of course the crazy bidder struck again and outbid me. Thankfully, he has gone dormant for now. Another squat blob for my bucket list!


A Craigslist ad featured a Joseph Demers Pawtuchet, RI blob. Yes, Pawtucket was misspelled Pawtuchet. I called the seller a dozen times after he confirmed he still had the bottles for sale, but he never got back to me. Alas, his loss is my loss.