Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Fall Finds #6 2015

I picked up two sodas at the last bottle club meeting, and both turned out to be unlisted! The first was a P. Faerber & Son Newport, RI crown top. This handmade example has an oval slugplate, but the embossing would fit in a round one.


The second soda was a Geo. S. Wilcox Providence, RI. Listed as a clear BIM crown top, this one is aqua and ABM. I now have four of these!


Recently spotted in an antique shop was a J.A. Hebert Central Falls, RI crown top. While not rare, I noticed that Contents 10-1/2 Fld. Oz. embossed on the heel, which the listed version doesn't have.


I was pretty happy to acquire my first labeled Batchelors soda bottle, and to make it even better it was unlisted! It is embossed Batchelor's Bot. Wks. Inc. on the base.


Stopping by an antique shop I don't usually visit paid off quite well when I came away with four scarce RI seltzer bottles! First up is a M. Shmirer Provience, RI. This is only the second RI seltzer I have seen with an animal (this looks like a deer?) etched on the front.