Friday, April 15, 2016

Spring Finds #3 2016

With the weather warming up, I have been able to return to my beloved salt marsh dump. It was definitely worth it when I dug a Gorman & Connole East Greenwich, RI blob! There is one listed, but it has East Greenwich abbreviated as Ea. Greenwich.


I was quite happy to get my second example of the rare Frank Watson Peace Dale & Narragansett Pier, RI medicine, even though it was heavily damaged. You could imagine my surprise when I found out it was a different size than my other example!


A visit to a gnarly (aka tough) dump to dig in northern RI produced a nice Rousseau & Brown Woonsocket, RI medicine. This is my second Rousseau & Brown in this shape (round with a flat panel), which is unlisted.


Ebay gave me a good surprise when a John E. Groff Newport medicine got listed. Newport meds are of the more elusive nature, and when a completely unlisted one from the early 1880s showed up, I had to have it!


Within walking distance from my house is a nice TOC city dump I visit fairly often. My latest find was a J. Fred Gibson Co. Providence, RI in an unlisted 3-1/2” size.