Monday, September 19, 2016

Spring Finds #10 2016

You will have to pardon my hiatus, as I am just now realizing it's been almost two months since my last update.  I have some catching up to do!  Here we go...

The Foster auction also produced a new version of the familiar Mt. Hope Distilling Co. Providence blob. It's a minor variant, with the address 42-48 arched up.


A fellow collector picked up a nice J.J. Maguire & Co. Providence pint whiskey for me. It is not listed in a pint size, and I now have a run of all three sizes!


Another friend of mine found a very elusive Miller's Pharmacy Pascoag, RI medicine. The earliest embossed bottle from Pascoag, it was pretty high on my bucket list. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was clear, as it is listed in aqua.


I added another Chas. M. Cole Pharmacist Newport, RI from ebay. It was an unlisted color (clear oddly enough) and size.


At the last bottle club meet a member had a few bottles for me that he found at a yard sale. One was a nice Eagle Bottling Co. Warren, RI. While it looks just like one I have, my other example has erased embossing in the slugplate, while this one does not.