Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Summer Finds #2 2016

A member of the Bottle Collectors group on Facebook contacted me saying he had a Wm. Russell Jr. Providence, RI medicine. I must say I was really impressed with this bottle! It is extremely ornate for a pharmacy bottle, which is always a plus.


A friend of mine was gifted a few bottles dug back in the 1970s, among them was a Puritan Bottling Co. Providence, RI crown top. It had 8oz. embossed in the slugplate, making it unlisted!


He also had a very fascinting bottle that I found to be very exciting. It was a plain jar with a glass lid embossed: Hawes, Bro. & Seabury Dentists Providence, RI. It doesn't look too old, but it dates from 1854-1862! Now that's a special piece.



A dig last spring produced a nice W.H. Boardman Pharmacist Lonsdale, RI medicine in an unlisted 7” size. The more sizes the merrier!


On that same dig I made a very exciting discovery. The Female Health Regulators bottles from Manville are uncommon but out there. When I dug one embossed: Female Regulator Dr. J. Lariviere Prop. Manville, RI I knew I had something special! It is the earliest documented version, and definitely unlisted!