Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Summer Finds #3 2016

A few months ago, I had a few friends of mine go diving for bottles in RI. While they found a ton of bottles, most of them were newer (1940s-60s). They did find a nice Blanding Pharmacist medicine, which was unlisted without Providence embossed.


A trip to an antique store up in Uxbridge, Mass. produced a nice The Ewd. Smith Co. Pawtucket pint whiskey. It is the second size I have with Edw. misspelled.


A fellow collector recently asked me if I had a rectangular Dr. J. Miller's Balsam Prov. RI. Well, I did not, but now I do! It's the earliest Millers bottle from RI, and a great find.




My summer visit to Brimfield produced a bunch of bottles, but not many from RI. A H.H. Burrington North Main St. Providence, RI medicine stole the show. Dr. Burrington was known for his Cough & Croup Syrup, but I have never seen a pharmacy bottle from him! It's a great early example, and for $3 who could pass it up?


A Massachusetts digger had a couple RI bottles he found over the years, among them was a Jones & Davis Central Falls medicine. It was an unlisted square version.