Thursday, January 4, 2018

Spring Finds #3 2017

It's with slight irony I'm posting about spring finds in the middle of a blizzard but hey, maybe it will take your mind off all that white stuff.

A J. Fred Gibson Providence, RI citrate of magnesia medicine showed up on ebay and quickly got my attention. This was only the third citrate of magnesia bottle known from RI, which definitely made it something I couldn't pass up.


A friend of mine dug a busted Morris Bros. Bristol, RI soda. Out of all the RI sodas I've seen, this one has teased me the most. I've dug quite a few of them broken, and never saw a whole one. This is the closest I've got so far!


I grabbed a Burke Bros. Eddy St. Providence, RI blob from a local shop and with Registered embossed on the heel you've got a new variant!


Also from that shop I got a James Lavell Jr. Providence, RI blob. James Lavell blobs are common, but not with Jr. embossed on them! His son took over the business when he died, but apparently mostly used his fathers bottles and only made one small order with his name on them.


A swung by a popular flea market after church and picked up a Gladstone Springs Mineral Water Co. Narragansett Pier, RI for resale. I have almost all of the known variants from this local company so I was surprised to find out this one was different (Registered on the heel instead of the shoulder again).