Friday, June 29, 2018

Winter Finds #5 2018

This year the Baltimore Bottle Show turned out to be quite an ordeal. I tried to coax my ailing car to make the trip one final time and it blew a hose in the middle of NYC. Needless to say I don't think I slept at all, so amazingly my unfortunate carpooling buddy and I were able to buy a new hose the next morning and decided to finish the trip. I wandered the show like a zombie but some great finds made all my suffering worth it. I got a fancy Otis Clapp & Son in amber as a double, but surprise! It was different than the other example I had.



A nice surprise was a WW Trade Mark ink in aqua. I found a teal green example a few posts back and after posting it online someone told me they had seen an aqua example. I kept my eyes open and presto!


A tenacious fellow collector finally said yes to an offer I made him a few months ago, and I added my third 12-sided pontiled Dyer's Healing Embrocation Prov. RI to the fold. It's my best example yet, and my favorite feature is a random comma after Healing.

I was recently reunited with a digger I haven't seen in 7 years. After catching up he showed me some of his recent finds. I bought a few including a Geo. T. Dana & Co. Pawtucket, RI medicine. She's a real beauty!


Ebay delivered again with one of my favorite capitol pharmacy bottles, a H.I. Hough Drug Store Providence, RI. This one was in a different shape than my other examples.