Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Winter Finds #2



Welcome back!  I will continue to cover the finds from the Bristol purchase.  A nice Patrick Sheehan Newport, RI blob seemed a little different.  Sure enough, all the listed versions have P. Sheehan instead of Patrick.




I was excited to find a Shiloh Bottling Works Providence, RI soda with an embossed Indian among the fray.  I had one of these which met an untimely demise.  My first example was listed and had a round slugplate.  This one has an oval slugplate and additional embossing.


Another soda that I hadn’t seen until last year was a Star Soda Bottling Works East Providence.  This version is listed in aqua, but not in clear.


A rather familiar bottle was a McKenna Bros. Eagle St. Providence, RI.  It was one of my first RI blob sodas, but this might be a variant.  The listed version has the maker, Karl Hutter New York on the base.  This one simply says K. Hutter NY.  I will have to check my other example to make sure.  Update:  I checked, and it is indeed a variant!


Another bottle that has appeared with some regularity was a Phosa ABM crown top.  It comes in handmade and machine made versions.  I noticed this one had 7oz. embossed on the heel, which my other example lacks.