Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Winter Finds #7

I apologize for my slacking as of late.  The weather finally broke early last month, and I was having a field day catching up on digging! 

I have been having good luck finding a wide assortment of Otis Clapp & Son bottles. This latest one is the amber counterpart to the clear labeled one I found a few posts back. It has two lions flanking the company name in a shield. I have to say it is one of my favorite Clapp bottles yet!


Yet another uncommon Clapp surfaced at the Enfield, Ct. show. This square Otis Clapp & Son is very common in clear (typically $1 value), but it is hard to find in amber. This small size is listed in clear, but not amber.


Another nice surprise was a G.A. Hazard Newport, RI etched wine bottle. One normally sees the large “champagne” style wine bottles with etching like this, and smaller sizes like this one are fairly rare.


A small jar that I thought I might have turned out to be a variant! Embossed Horsford on the shoulder, the other example I have says Horsfords. It’s a sharp looking early baking powder bottle.


I was finally able to snag a nice citron Davis Vegetable Pain Killer. I have seen citron Davis bottles in the small size and the older BIMAL style, but this average size is a new one! This was not an intended color, but a result of contaminated cullet, or the batch of glass that was used.