Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Spring Finds #4

The end of the ides of March get a kickstart with the Dover, NH bottle show.  This has always been a good show to buy at, and this year was no exception!  A Quaker Club Co. Providence ABM crown top got my attention.  There are a few variants from this company, but this one was not among them!


Next up was a Palmer & Madigan Providence, RI quart whiskey.  I had actually seen this one last year, but due to the large number of variants, I didn’t know if I had this one, and let it sit.  Well, I’m glad I picked it up this year!  This unlisted version has “Branch Union Made Po’Keepsie” embossed on the bottom.



A visit to a friend’s legendary “bottle shed” produced a nice Ernst Voigt Newport, RI soda bottle.  It is my first crown top example, and no crown top bottles from this bottler have been recorded!


I was able to trade my friend two milk bottles for a nice early Elmer's Great French Remedy Providence, RI.  This uncommon medicine is listed in six variants.  This is an unlisted and very early example with a long neck and wonderfully crude glass.



Another familiar unlisted face turned up in one of my marsh scouting missions.  I base embossed G.L.C. & Co. medicine rang a bell from a few months ago.  I had dug one in a town dump and linked it to George L. Claflin of Providence.  This example is an older aqua one with a sunken front panel.
picture coming soon!