Monday, December 21, 2015

Fall Finds #4 2015

It was that time of year again to return to the big 1930s city dump. After a lot of digging, I finally got to a productive pocket. I was beyond excited when I found a Kist from West Barrington, RI! I had always assumed that the West Barrington Kist bottles were unmarked, but surprise, the 6oz. Size is marked!


A mill village dump that I have dubbed “the dusty one” I initially abandoned. There was very little to be found, and the dust was overpowering. Yet, perseverance paid off! I found a pocked in a less dusty part of the dump. Among the finds was a Fisk & Co. Pawtucket, RI medicine. At 3-1/2”, it was an unlisted size.


A not so uncommon sight on ebay is that of a Scientific Prepared Beef, Wine, & Iron People's Chemical Co. Providence, RI medicine. However, when a pair of them surfaced recently, I was surprised to see one had a donut ring style lip. The cross on the bottle was also different, resembling more of a plus mark than the Maltese style usually seen. As an added bonus it was attic mint!


A lady in Virginia recently reached out to a club member looking to sell a bottle she had. It was a Jas. Hanley Brew Co. Needless to say I was pretty excited since it was an unlisted RI beer. We agreed on a price and now I have my second embossed Hanley bottle!


Another exciting appearance on ebay was a The Cal. Wine Co. T.S. Mitchell Providence, RI quart whiskey. It wasn't a pretty transaction, with the seller purposefully leaving some damage unmentioned, but worse things have happened. Listed in a pint size, which I have never seen before, an unlisted size was even better!


Oh no, can it be? Yet another Geo. A. Peckham Grocers Supplies Providence, RI! It's actually not as bad as it sounds. This one was a fairly scarce unlisted large size.
(picture coming!)