Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Summer Finds #9 2016

I finally made the deal with a club member and bought his Rocky Point Oysters Finest Quality milk bottle-shaped oyster jar. They were direct competitors to the American Oyster Company, but their bottles are very hard to find, to the point they have never been documented until recently!


I was finally able to visit the home of a Massachusetts bottle digger/collector and pick up two of the elusive RI fruit jars. The lids are embossed Pat. August 8th, 1882. This is the Perry jar patent. One was a quart and the other roughly a pint. I thought I already had the smaller size, but it was an inch shorter than my other example!



A classic RI soda is the Standard Bottling Co. Pawtucket, RI with an embossed flag on the front. I have never seen one that is ABM until now!


Along with the Standard was a The Edw. Smith Co. Bottlers Pawtucket, RI crown top unlisted variant.


I have gotten somewhat tired of seeing Dr. Seth Arnold's Cough Killer bottles all over the place, but one in citron certainly changed my mind! This is the second colored Arnolds I have come across.