Thursday, April 23, 2020

Summer Finds #4 2019

A friend picked up this recently dug whiskey last summer and I instantly sat up in my chair. It was a Palmer & Madigan Choice Liquors Providence, RI in amber! The earliest Palmer & Madigan bottles known are from the 1890s so this was a real surprise. I was able to arrange a trade and picked it up at a bottle show.  I'll give this one second place next to the Ira Harvey for best unlisted RI bottle of the year.



A beautiful J.R. Lorah & Co. Newport amber med showed up on ebay. It was an unlisted 2-1/2” size, and despite a fairly high buy it now, I couldn't let it slip by. That makes my second amber Lorah!


I was recently reunited with an old friend who let us dig a massive town dump on his property. He had found a few bottles since we last talked including a 8-1/2” Chemical Industrial Co. R. DeAngelis Providence, RI ABM cork top. This style is unlisted in this large size!


Brimfield produced again this fall with a healthy crop of RI bottles (including two unlisted!) While nuked and damaged this C.E. Walch Providence, RI med was unlisted at 4-1/2”.


I like my late BIM pharmacy bottles with the side measurements, and this Quality Drug Providence, RI was no exception! At 6-1/2” it is an unlisted larger size.