Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Fall Finds #1 2023

 I just traded a very rare fruit jar I dug for a whole family of Perry fruit jars! I had a couple, but there were two new examples for me. The first was a Patented Aug. 8th 1882 aqua 5-1/2” half pint.



The second was a clear 7” size Perry jar. It doesn't have the matching lid, but is definitely the correct jar!



Just when I though the mega-dump had given up most of its secrets, it drops another bomb on me! This time it was a 3-1/2” J.R. Lorah & Co. Newport in cobalt again! I was completely shocked, and thrilled at the same time. That makes a trio!



I met up with an old friend of mine who was selling some of her collection. I thought most of her bottles were dug, but a bunch were bought too! Among them was the elusive Dana's Old English Cough Balsam (a Pawtucket, RI bottle). It was exciting to finally get one, now for the other variant!



Another great find was a rectangular E.H. Burdick & Co. Druggists Westerly, RI pharmacy. These are tough to find and this was a new version!