Sunday, June 9, 2019

Summer Finds #2 2018

A couple on the upper East Side put an addition on their house and discovered it was built on a dump. The bottles dated to the later 1910s, and while most were common a J.A. Hebert Central Falls, RI whiskey caught my eye. I have one in a quart size, and it's the only whiskey from Central Falls. This pint makes an excellent addition!


Back at my friends' giant bottling factory dump I found a great crier. A J. Lipfschitz Providence, RI soda with a painful chunk out of the neck. There are no examples listed with a monogram, and this one looks nice!


One classic RI pictorial soda is Bell Bottling Co. Providence, RI. While not rare, there are apparently a few variants. This was the first one I've seen with no slugplate.


Thanks to a house cleanout in Barrington, I was able to grab a few quart sodas. A heel embossed Sherba Beverage Co. West Barrington, RI is nothing special looking, but I sure wonder what the label looked like!


The other quart was a shoulder/heel embossed Deep Rock West Barrington, RI in clear. I have one in green and both are unlisted.