Thursday, September 19, 2019

Winter Finds #5 2018

A Newport collector really wanted a milk bottle I had, and while I wasn't planning to sell it he offered a nice B.F. Downing Jr. Newport, RI as a partial trade and I relented. As a bonus it was an unlisted size!



Another dump crier was a damaged Geo. M. Butler Pawtucket, RI. This one happened to be an unlisted clear ABM variant. Let's hope there's a mint one out there!


I met with someone who was advertising old bottles on Craigslist on the way back from a bottle show. I was surprised to learn he wasn't a collector and just got a whole collection from a storage locker auction! There were many commons but quite a few rare bottles in the lot. Among them was a Wm. D. Rife & Co. Newport, RI blob top. I had never heard of it so it was a good find!


Fellow collector Art sold me a nice clear quart Bell Bottling Co. Providence, RI soda. I have one in aqua but it is unlisted in clear! It's a nice addition to my modest collection of pictorial RI sodas.






The Craigslist collection yielded another surprise, a green Yacht Club Bottling Works Centerdale, RI soda. It was my first embossed one in green, which is an unlisted color!