Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Winter Finds #4 2018

While I still haven't been able to prove this is a RI bottle, I bought the iron pontiled Read & Hall just to be on the safe side. It's a nice rare squat so I'll keep it until it's proven to be from somewhere else!


My friend Mark had a few more nice RI bottles tucked away. One was a George S. Morgan Chemist Pawtucket, RI. These Morgan bottles were unknown until a few variants were dug this winter. So far there are five different bottles from him. Where have they all been the last 50 years?


I was very excited to add a Strachan's Anti-Mosquit to my “almost positive it's from RI” group. This is the second one dug in RI, and there is a William D. Strachan listed as a pharmacist in Pawtucket. The evidence is looking pretty good!


And yes, Mark finally parted with his Krealin Co. Providence, RI. I had included this bottle in a “New But Not Mine” post a while back. Here's a picture of it all cleaned up!


Lastly I rounded out my Pawtucket soda collection with a Crown Bottling Co. Pawtucket, RI. This one has an unlisted round slugplate and long neck.