Monday, November 15, 2021

Spring Finds #1 2021

A couple doing work on their house in East Greenwich uncovered a local pharmacy bottle, and an exciting one at that! They did not seem to care for it at all, but a friend of theirs persuaded them not to throw it in the trash (to my great relief), and posted a picture of it in a Facebook group. It was embossed People's Drug Store Greenwich, RI, a most exciting find as there is no record of a People's Drug store in East Greenwich, and the East part of the town's name is conspicuously absent. I was able to meet with the couple, and after telling them what I could about the bottle, they offered it to me even after I insisted on paying for it. Oh to be rich!



A return to the ACL soda dump yielded a Batchelors Bott Wks clear base embossed quart. I have one in aqua so this one makes a swell pair!

 

 

At one of the tailgate shows I picked up a box of mostly common RI sodas including a Lewis Ruhland & Co. Cranston crown top. My suspicions of never seeing this style with a crown top was correct, so now my Ruhland tribe consists of 8 versions!




Another beer in the lot as a Hand Brewing Co. Pawtucket, RI. It was a harder to find BIM version, and while I have two variants the embossing style was noticeably different. This one might be a little questionable to count as a new version but I'll consider it one for now!




A friend was digging at a well-dug dump and found a broken Price's Compound Tolu Syrup. An exceedingly rare patent medicine bottle from Westerly, it took me a second to realize that the listed version said Dr. Bush's while this one said Prices. He was kind enough to donate the placeholder example to the collection. I sure hope a fully intact version surfaces!