Sunday, November 28, 2021

Spring Finds #2 2021

At last summer's outdoor show in Upton Mass I picked up a scarce Walter Price & Co. Fruit Flavors. Most of Price's flavoring extract bottles say Price's Pure Preparation on the front.




A lead from many years ago finally panned out and I was able to see an epic collection of bottles dug in Newport in the 1970s. They had been picked through by the diggers, but there were still plenty of new bottles for my collection. Among a few sodas was a P. Sheehan Newport, RI.



One of the coolest bottles from this collection was an etched wine that has P. Faerber over P. Corbett Newport, RI. Either P. Corbett went out of business and Faerber re-used his bottles or Faerber simply stole one of his bottles! Either way I doubt I'll ever see another one!




I won a New England Bottling Co. Westerly, RI crown top off of ebay almost a year ago. I had planned to meet up with the seller but Covid scuttled those plans for some time. We were finally able to meet and my newest version joins the New England family. It is remarkably crude for a crown top!



Also acquired at the summer show was a small size Maltol medicine. I can't confirm it yet but I believe this is a RI medicine from Arctic. Quite a few have been dug in RI so this would seem to confirm that theory, as well as a shot glass from Charles Chagnon that says drink Maltox. Perhaps one or the other is misspelled?