Monday, November 13, 2023

Spring 2023 Finds #1

My last visit to the new dump proved to be an incredible one! One of the first bottles I uncovered was a J.R. Lorah & Co. Newport in cobalt! I knew these came in amber, but cobalt was a new one! You can pretty much count the cobalt RI pharmacy bottles on one hand, so this was easily my find of the year!



Not to be overshadowed was an unlisted style H.A. Kalkman Graduate in Pharmacy Newport, RI med! This is his earliest bottle, and I didn't know it existed!



A third John M. Callahan Newport, RI joined the family, and this one was an imposing 7”!



A more familiar Charles M. Cole Newport, RI also joined in the festivities. This one was 3-1/2” and had oz and cc markings, making it a new style.



The last nice surprise was a J. Engel & Son Newport, RI etched wine. I have only seen his embossed crown tops, so this was a neat addition!