Sunday, November 5, 2023

Early 2023 Finds #1

Another nice find from the collection was an 8-1/2” Bugbee & Brownell Providence, RI dressing bottle. I have this bottle but it is a smaller size, this big version is new!



I was excited to see a rare Wright & Hay Pharmacists Newport, RI show up on ebay. This bottle was unlisted until I bought one a few years ago, and at 3-3/4” that makes two sizes!



Another 1920s-30s dump turned up a real crier, a Mineral Spring Bottling Co. N. Providence, RI green deco soda. These are common in clear but I have yet to see an intact one in green! This is getting pretty close!



Back at the dump I turned up a nice J.R. Lorah & Co. Newport in a 6-1/4” size. That's the biggest one I've seen yet!



A return visit to another collector's attic produced an unknown Calder's Tooth Powder that was only shoulder embossed! What it lacks in looks it makes up for in rarity!