Monday, January 1, 2024

Spring Finds #7 2023

 Ebay finally gave me the chance to acquire one of my white whales, a Bare Rock Spring Soda Works Centerdale, RI deco soda. To my surprise this one was clear and I have pieces of an aqua one, so the hunt continues!



Back at the dump I made a monster find, yes literally! I dug an Emil S. Blumenkranz Newport, RI medicine and it was a whopping 10-1/2”!!! That makes it a 32oz bottle, which is the biggest size a druggist could order from a catalog. It is in the very rare company of maybe 2-3 other RI pharmacy bottles of that size.



One of my favorites also showed up! An It Pays to Trade at Powells. This smaller 4-1/2” size does not have Newport embossed on it, making it a new version!




I was able to do some trading with a good friend of mine. An early Ferdinand Smith Pharmacist Providence, RI was unlisted at 4”.



Another nice fancy and early med was an A.J. Smith Westminster St. Prov, RI. It is possibly unlisted. The listing, if correct describes the bottle very poorly.