Monday, January 1, 2024

Spring Finds #8 2023

 My favorite bottle from last post's trade was a D. Bruce Jr. Apothecary Liquid Dentine Providence, RI. Daniel Bruce made some nice looking early meds, but this is definitely is crown jewel! This bottle is roughly star-shaped, and I can't say I've ever seen anything else like it!



Another bottle from the trade was a newer but unusual Specimen Container by the Davol Rubber Co. Providence, RI. And yes, it is what it looks like it is lol.



Back at the city dump another heartbreaker turned up. A second size of The Geo. A. Weaver Co. Newport, RI showed up! This damaged one was a pint, so now I need to find two sizes!



A slightly newer part of the dump produced a great looking It Pays to Trade at Powells Newport, RI. This is one of my favorite RI pharmacy bottles, and at 6-1/2” it's an unlisted size!



Not far behind the last bottle I made what became my best discovery of 2023, an It Pays to Trade at Powells Newport, RI in cobalt! I was more than content with the cobalt Lorah, but this is even better! Not in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would ever find a bottle like this. This dump is fast becoming legendary for unlisted RI cobalt meds!