Friday, December 24, 2021

New and Not Mine 2021 Part 1

 

Well I just realized that it has been quite some time since I did one of these! There have been some great unknown RI bottles that my friends and other people have acquired recently.


A friend of a friend dug this DeAngelis Beverage Co. Drink Hygea Providence, RI ABM soda. Dr. DeAngelis was an iconic fixture in Providence and put out an exciting variety of bottles. This one is interesting because although he is known as a doctor, he apparently dabbled in the beverage industry with little success!



Another friend of a friend came across this neat Eagle D.P. Co. Ames St. Providence, RI blob. I have no idea what D.P. stands for, another mystery blob for me to research!



A friend recently showed me a bottle I was hoping really existed but was a little skeptical of. Sure enough it was real! This Bruce's Liquid Dentine Providence, RI has one of the coolest shapes I have seen in a while.



A Facebook user posted a great Florence Drug Store Providence, RI citrate of magnesia. There are very few embossed citrates from Rhode Island, so it's nice to see another one surface!




A friend recently dug a true crier shard embossed Dr. Sprague Centreville, RI. There were no known embossed pharmacy bottles from Centreville, until now! There has to be an intact one out there somewhere!