Sunday, December 5, 2021

Summer Finds #1 2021

In literally the last box of bottles from the Newport haul was the real prize, a cobalt Frank L. Powell Pharmacist Newport, RI med! These are very hard to find, and I have had the good fortune of having three in my collection. At 3-1/2” this is my 4th size and an unlisted one too!




I have been trying to get more sizes of the R.L. Rose & Co. whiskey for years now with little success. I finally scored an 8 ounce size, and this style is unlisted!




The last soda from the haul I didn't have was a nice D.W. Sheehan Newport, RI blob.




The last new medicine was a Caswell Massey & Co. NY Newport variant. Most of these are square, so rectangular versions are often unlisted!




A friend of mine was kind enough to give me an Otis Clapp & Son Boston & Providence lid in a trade. I originally thought it went to a specific jar, but I found their catalog and it shows the lid being sold separately!