Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Summer Finds #2 2021

Bottles from Warren can be very tough to find, so I was very happy when an Eagle Bottling Co. Warren, RI quart soda showed up on ebay and I had no competition! The quart size is not listed.


A friend sold me an Oliver Johnson & Co. Providence, RI medicine, which is normally a common bottle. This example looked slightly taller than my other two, and sure enough, it was an unlisted 6-1/2” size!



Similar to Warren, Bristol bottles are hard to find as well, unless they are a Morris soda. I was pretty sure I had this T.M. Morris Bristol, RI crown top, but it had registered erased, which was yet another unlisted variant!



I was happy to be back at Brimfield this year, even though the finds were fairly slim. I spotted a Frank Bros. M. Providence, RI blob in one dealer's booth. I have never seen one with an M in the slugplate, so it's a new variant!




A friend came across a United States Bottling Co. Providence, RI blob, but it was different than your average example. Most of these have an embossed eagle, but this was an early example with a fancy embossing style. I have to say I like it!