Thursday, February 23, 2023

Fall Finds #1 2022

 

I walked into a coin shop I haven't been in for years and behold! There were two small shelves of bottles. Most of them were common machine made junk, but a Wm. H. Hinds Providence, RI pharmacy definitely stood out!



I met an old time local digger who was parting with some of his collection. I was disappointed in the lack of locals but an amber Providence Bottling Co. John E. Good Providence, RI made the trip worthwhile! If an amber beer from RI isn't a McManus & Meade, then it's a good one! This was the first amber example from this company.



Going through my tailgate collection purchase I picked out two more new variants. One was a McKenna & Conaty Providence, RI crown top. Normally these are blobs!



Another surprise was a Jacob Wirth & Co. Prov. RI aqua blob. The aqua ones are definitely harder to come by than the clear ones, which are so common I nicknamed them Jacob Wirthless.



The local digger also had a nice F.C. Cundall & Co. East Greenwich, RI pharmacy! At 4-1/4” it was an unlisted size.