Thursday, February 23, 2023

Summer Finds #4 2022

At the Keene bottle show a real show stopper turned up! A J. Harvey & Co. Providence, RI in amber! This bottle is one of the most common colored RI squats in green, but any other color is extremely rare. I wasn't planning to spend a ton of money, but had to make an exception on an unlisted color!




A friend picked up an unlisted H.P. Falcon PhG Providence, RI pharmacy at an auction. I'm used to finding variants of known meds but whenever a completely new one shows up the exciting feeling of discovery never gets old!



You can't be a RI digger and not find a Warwick Club soda bottle! I picked up this plain looking Warwick Club Ginger Ale Co. green quart and sure enough, I only had it in clear. A couple bucks well spent!



I noticed a Rosseau & Brown Woonsocket, RI pharmacy in a box lot of bottles at an antique shop. I decided to try my luck and to my surprise the shop owner agreed to sell it to me separately! As a bonus it turned out to be a new variant.



I purchased a diggers small collection at one of out tailgate shows last spring. Among the boxes was a T.E. Hickey & Co. Providence, RI split size blob. A “split” is a soda that is in between a normal 12oz blob and a squat soda. Popular in the 1870s-80s, they are scarce to come by in RI and one of my favorite sizes!