Sunday, September 10, 2023

Winter Finds #1 2022

An out of state collector with a knack for collecting rare RI bottles finally decided to let one go! It was a D.B. Griffin Druggist (pictorial owl) Wakefield, RI pharmacy bottle. At 5-3/8” it was an unlisted size!



While I normally find unembossed wine bottles to be garbage, this one had an original metal stopper stamped Sockanosset Bott. Co. Prov. RI. While that name is now associated with a street in Cranston apparently it was used in the big city too!



I grabbed some minty looking Coutu Bros. Central Falls, RI blobs for resale, but when I did the final check I spotted a variant! I'm pretty sure I have all the different Coutu bottles now.


Another bulk resale purchase was a group of Hope Club Beverages Providence, RI deco sodas. I had originally identified two variants, but this group produced a third!



It should come as little surprise when another George A. Peckham Grocers Supplies Providence, RI surfaces. At least I've gotten to the point where most examples that I'm digging or finding are not new variants, there used to be a new one every month!  This one was a nice earlier version.