Saturday, December 12, 2020

Spring Finds #2 2020

 A friend was going through their collection and found a H.A Pearce Providence pharmacy bottle. At first glance I was actually a little unsure if it was from RI, but a quick bit of research confirmed that it was! I was quite excited, and to my astonishment he sent it to me for the cost of shipping! Needless to say he earned an IOU note in my book!



I saw a lot of bottles online and one appeared to be a Charles M. Cole Newport, RI medicine. My hunch was correct, and I added this unlisted 6” size to the collection!



Ebay also produced a clear 6” Caswell Mack & Co. Chemists NY Newport medicine. A nice unlisted size of this early bottle!




An excavator in Woonsocket stumbled across a bottle dump and made a few decent finds. Sadly it was paved over the very next day, but I did get an unlisted version of a Robert F. Linton Woonsocket, RI medicine. Hopefully there is a mint one out there!



I recently picked up a Five Sullivan Bros. Providence, RI etched wine, and while I knew I had one I double checked and saw it was a different variant! These are notoriously hard to photograph as you can see.