Thursday, December 31, 2020

Summer Finds #1 2020

I spotted a stained Wm. B. Blanding Providence, RI medicine in an antique shop. While not in great condition it was one of the earlier styles so I picked it up. Sure enough, it was unlisted!



Lightning struck twice and I spotted my second new Otis Clapp & Son bottle within two weeks! This one was a large 8” square with cursive embossing. Nice!



I traded someone for a Rhode Island Bottling Co. Onleyville, RI blob because they look nice and are uncommon. Turns out I have the exact bottle but with a crown top!




A friend of mine found an E.J. Day & Co. Westerly, RI pharmacy bottle. I was pretty excited because despite it being badly damaged, it is completely unlisted!




An excavator who collected bottles was moving and wanted to sell. I wasn't able to buy his entire collection but did get a decent assortment of medicines and blobs. A Herbert Haynes Providence, RI medicine had a double square collar lip, which is an unlisted variant.