Sunday, February 7, 2021

Fall Finds #1 2020

A while back a friend called me about a construction site off the highway where he saw some ash and glass shards. I was busy but told another friend who checked it out. He only found one bottle there but man was it a keeper! It was a Hermann Gartner Providence, RI blob. It was completely unknown, crude, and even had a spelling error (This spelled Tnis on the back). I kicked myself for not checking out the spot myself but was happy it went to someone who appreciated it. Fast forward a few months and my friend was kind enough to offer it to me during a trade. I was super excited because I doubt I will ever see another one!



The same friend also traded me a Standard Bottling Co. Pawtucket, RI narrow crown top soda.



He also had a Standard Bottling Co. 7 Pawtucket, RI crown top. Standard was only one of two companies to date some of their bottles (1907), and that year is unlisted!



He also had an ABM blob S.H. Zucker & Co. Pawtucket, RI. These are fairly common but I have never seen one that was machine made. Blob tops only had a roughly 5 year overlap from when bottlers started using ABM bottles (many were still handmade until circa 1920), so ABM blobs are fairly scarce.




I found a dump at a small construction site and took home a crier Crystal Beverage Co. Providence, RI aqua crown top. All of the known Crystal sodas are clear and the aqua really gives this one some character.