Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Winter Finds #2 2018

My friend Art had the luck of finding two beefy 16oz. Newport meds. One was a 8-1/4” Chas M. Cole Pharmacist Newport, RI. I have a few of these, but not this big!


It was deja vu for the other large med. It was a nearly identical Frank L. Powell Chemist Newport, RI. The odds of finding two different pharmacy bottles that are the exact uncommon size is pretty slim!


My friend was doing alright in his soda bottle dump. He cleaned some of his summer finds and among them was a J.L. Gannon Co. Providence, RI. It looked a lot like the listed ABM version, but this one was BIM.


I bought a large lot of RI soda bottles that were dug just across the border in Mass.  They were all pretty common but I did get a J. Keron Central Falls, RI narrow crown top.  I was pretty sure I had it but surprise!  It has the contents embossed on the heel.


A friend picked up a 3-1/2” Mullen's Prescription Pharmacy Pawtucket, RI. A tougher medicine to find, I was happy to see it was an unlisted size to boot!