Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Winter Finds #3 2018

I was completely surprised when Jim Hall messaged me saying that he had yet another Paine's Vegetable Pain Curer. Getting the last two from him was a monumental achievement, so to add the final 4-3/4” size went far beyond my expectations.


My VT friend David scrounged up a quart crown top American Bottling Corp. Providence, RI. Easily one of the most common RI soda/liquor bottles, almost all of the listed examples are 12oz bottles. This big guy was a welcome surprise!


Ebay delivered again with a small pontiled Dr. Seth Arnold's Balsam. I have this bottle with a flared lip, so the rolled lip on this one was a nice contrast. It is also so crude that it doesn't even stand up!



A little cabin fever digging at the mega dump unearthed a 2-7/9” Fisk & Co. Druggists Pawtucket, RI. It's my smallest size yet, and happens to be unlisted too.



My friend Mark (aka the human backhoe) had a few bottles rolling around in his basement. One of them became my favorite bottle from this company. A Caproni Bros. & Co. Spruce St. Providence, RI blob just has a great look to it. Despite being damaged it's a real looker!