Sunday, September 1, 2024

Fall Finds #4 2023

 After finding a pile of the common style Lorah, the scarcer version surfaced! A J.R. Lorah & Co. Dispensing Chemists Newport, RI was my second size at 3-1/2”.  While somewhat melted, it's still in one piece with no cracks!


I've dug a couple Narragansett Brewing Co. Famous Lager & Ale Providence, RI at this dump, but finally found a new variant! This one has a period instead of a comma after Providence.



I saw a very overpriced T.J. Lyon Bulls Wharf Newport, RI blob on ebay. I decided it wouldn't hurt to make an offer and it was accepted! Turns out the seller was a retired police officer who was assigned to downtown Newport when it was getting redeveloped in the 1970s. He said there were bottles everywhere!

 

I started digging a dump I haven't been to in 10 years because I wasn't able to secure permission. It was loaded with local bottles, so when I finally got permission from the new owner, the air was full of anticipation! My first new find was a 4” W.C. Clarke Druggist Narragansett Pier, RI. A new size for me and the book!



Next up was a 5-1/2” J. Attmore Wright PhG Wakefield, RI. Listed in a smaller size, this was a new larger one!