Sunday, September 1, 2024

Winter Finds 2023 #1

 At the “local” dump, a visiting friend dug a Thomas J. Bannon Westerly & Watch Hill, RI pharmacy which he traded to me. At 5-1/2”, it's an unlisted size!


I proceeded to dig a mega crier, a S.G. Wright Druggist Wakefield, RI with an embossed fan! If this wasn't damaged it would have made my month. Hopefully there's another one there!


Back in Providence a quickly changing construction site offered an exciting week of digging. The dump had been covered by a parking lot for years which made the ash rock hard at times.  A William H. Hinds 97 Governor St. Providence, RI was sadly introduced to the full force of my rake first. That makes 5 bottles in 25 years I've broken by accident. It always sucks but breaking one bottle every 5 years isn't too bad.


An ABM Sullivan Bros. Providence, RI was an unexpected find. I have an ABM blob, but this crown top was surprisingly a first for me.


The best find of the Providence dump was a James Brown Providence, RI pharmacy. It's hard to beat the thrill of digging a completely unknown RI bottle! Each one is special.