Sunday, September 1, 2024

Winter Finds #2 2023

My second dig at the Providence spot yielded a bunch of pharmacy bottles. My buddy dug most of them which he traded to me. The first was a G.E.B. Fairbanks Providence, RI. This one has an address of 394 Wickenden St. making it unlisted.


An early D. & C. (Dodge & Camfield) pint with a double collar lip was next up. I've found so many of these in the last 3 years that I shouldn't be surprised, but the number of variants is still impressive.


My friend dug a nice Wm. H. Hinds Providence, RI in clear, which was a new variant.


Shortly afterwards he dug an even better Wm. H. Hinds Providence, RI in aqua! It was similar to the broken one I dug recently but the embossing was different. Much to my disappointment this bottle decided to pop a large stress crack after cleaning. Again, something that rarely happens to me but maybe 20 bottles over 25 years? Of course it seems to go after the good ones.

A solo and final return trip to the dump yielded another G.E.B. Fairbanks Providence, RI. This one has an address of 300 Wickenden St., which was also a new address!