Sunday, September 1, 2024

Winter Finds #4 2023

 Back at the “cellar hole dump” I found a stellar whiskey! It is embossed The Shepard Company. Yes, the famous department store! Previously they were known to have stoneware jugs, milk and cream bottles, and perfumes. Now add whiskey to the list! It's a nice impressive quart size, and the color and glass stopper just makes it better!



A rare style Caproni Bros. Co. Atwells Ave. Providence, RI blob came out in tough shape. I like these sloping shoulder variants which I suspect to be ginger ales.



I made it back to my favorite river and found a familiar N. Cappelli Providence, RI blob top. Color me surprised again because it was a new variant! Just when you think you've seen them all.



Another one I was pretty certain I had a was a shoulder embossed. American Bottling Corp. Prov. RI. It was BIM, and most examples I have are ABM.



Back at the cellar dump my friend Maia dug a D. & C. half pint flask. She was kind enough to gift it to me, and the Dodge & Camfield family grows!