Thursday, June 28, 2018

Fall Finds #3 2017

I got a Gilbert R. Parker Pharmacist Johnston, RI in a recent trade. It's the only embossed medicine from Johnston and the size is unlisted. In 1890 the part of Johnston Dr. Parker was in got annexed to Providence.



I snagged another D. & M. Co. Providence medicine from a friend. It was an 6-1/2” size. I still need to find an amber one!

I recently had the pleasure of meeting with a RI historian who also loves bottles. We did some trading and among items exchanged was a Remington & Co. Providence, RI pharmacy bottle. The listed version says A. E. Remington so this is a later unknown variant!


My Frank L. Powell Newport, RI collection grew with a larger 6-3/4” example. It so happens to be an unlisted size as well!


From the same seller I got a J.R. Lorah & Co. Newort in a smaller unlisted 3-1/2” size.