Thursday, June 28, 2018

Winter Finds #1 2018

I sell bottles out of a shop called Nostalgia on the East Side. Business is good but sometimes I think I'm the only person who ever sells bottles in there! One day I saw a blob behind some other antiques. I nearly fell over when I read the embossing! F.T. Buffum Prov. RI. I've never heard of the name, and it was dead mint! Needless to say this is definitely a contender for the best unlisted bottle of the year.


A friend of mine found a Martin's Drug Store Pawtucket, RI for me. I have a larger size, and there are no Martins bottles listed!


The Little Rhody Bottle Club's annual show was a blast, even though I didn't make any truly incredible discoveries. I finally got a W.E. Cates Pharmacist Providence, RI. A neat looking medicine and the address is different than the one listed.


A friend traded me a Pascoag Pharmacy Pascoag, RI medicine. At 3-3/4” it's the smallest size known and unlisted!


An uncommon J. Moskol Providence, RI crown top soda was even less common because it was machine made! Talk about a little irony there.