Friday, June 29, 2018

Winter Finds #3 2018

Shortly after dealing with the notorious “pothead seller” I learned that a friend of mine was able to buy some bottles from the same old time collection. This time making the deals was effortless. One of my favorite finds was a McGunagles Drug Store Valley Falls, RI. This one is completely different than the listed example, and quite appealing!



My friend also had an Orange Cream Bottling Co. Providence, RI quart soda. I saw one years ago that was not for sale, so it was nice to finally bring it into the fold.


I was planning to sell a Standard Bottling Co. (flag) Pawtucket, RI but checked it just to make sure it wasn't a variant. Yup, it was!


My latest antiquing run turned out as usual. Very little new in the big shops but I was able to leave with something. This time it was yet another George A. Peckham Grocers Supplies Providence, RI. This example did stick out because it has a disc neck, which no other Peckham bottles have. The disc was a way to help measure how much liquid was poured out of the bottle.


At another shop I snagged a W.H. Arnold River Point, RI blob. Like the Peckham, a common soda but not in this shape! This is what collectors call a “steamer” or ginger ale style blob. It has a narrow body, short neck, and is shorter overall than your average blob. While common in some states this is the first one I have seen from Rhode Island!