Friday, June 29, 2018

Winter Finds #4 2018

It turns out that the “pothead seller” had one final trick up his sleeve. One of his last listings was a 47-8-11 Cures Malaria C.E. Hornberger quack medicine. I could barely contain my excitement, as this was almost the same as the Rx for Malaria bottle I bought a few years ago. It was an unlisted RI cure and I had to have it. Luckily it didn't got for a lot, and sadly I was victimized once more by unmentioned damage but it was worth acquiring such a rare bottle.


An excavator brought in some bottles he dug at a construction site and among them was a Cappelli Bros. Providence, RI blob. It was beat to heck but I was able to get it for $1. It's a minor variant so my Cappelli Bros. collection grew to 3!


I bought a few bottles from another friend of mine, and guess what he had? Yet another Standard Bottling Co. flag Pawtucket, RI blob! I have to be getting close to having them all now, right?


I revisited one of the “mega-dumps” that everyone knows about but the finds are scarce recently. I noticed a lot of new activity and a soda just lying on the ground! It was a J. Keron Central Falls, RI. While this style Keron bottle is common as dirt when it's machine made, this was the first one I've seen that was BIM! And it looks much nicer than it's ABM counterpart.


Another digger saved a damaged John Bush Opp. City Hall Providence, RI pint whiskey for me. It's a real heartbreaker being completely unlisted (I do have a quart). Let's hope he digs a whole one!