Saturday, December 17, 2022

Fall Finds #2 2021

I got some gut-wrenching news after leaving our last tailgate show. A local showed up with some bottles including an open pontiled cobalt teepee soda! This is the unembossed version of the iconic Ira Harvey teepee. It was purchased for a bargain $100. Of course the buyer offered it to me for a much higher price, and I couldn't say no despite the fact I could have saved so much if I had just stuck around for a few more minutes!




A fellow club member was having a yard sale and I picked up a medicine embossed Bennett Pharmacy. I'm not positive if this bottle is from RI, but there was a Bennett pharmacy in Warren so my fingers are crossed!



The buyer of the teepee soda also gave me some other RI bottles for free! One of them was a J.H. Blackler Westerly, RI w. flag. I was sure I had this one but it turned out to be a new variant!



They also had another J.H. Blackler B Westerly, RI that was BIM. I have this bottle in an ABM version so this was a nice surprise.



The last one they had was a plain yet interesting Turks Head Ginger Ale Providence, RI soda. There aren't many RI bottles embossed with ginger ale, so add this one to a short list!