Saturday, December 17, 2022

Fall Finds #3 2021

 

A friend picked up a jumbo sized medicine that happened to be one I was looking for! It was a 9” W.F. Fanning Cranston St. pharmacy bottle. It is one of the few RI pharmacies that doesn't have the city embossed on it, which makes it a little harder to ID. I had a smaller example already, maybe there is another in between size!




An ebay seller was advertising an Alexandra Perfumer & Atomizer Pat. 1872 bottle as being from RI. Sure enough, it had been patented by James J. Essex of Newport! It was a buy it now/ best offer listing so I made an offer and brought it home to RI.




Another friend had the good fortune of digging a Dr. Hough's Anti-Scrofula Syrup. This is a rare RI patent medicine, and I have only seen them in a jumbo size. This is still a big fella, but definitely smaller than the known example. We were able to work out a trade, so now I just need the pontiled version!




Another ebay find was a Ferro-China DeAngelis Providence, RI. This Ferro-China preparation was very popular with Italian immigrants, and the generic style bottles are abundant. I have only seen one embossed by DeAngelis, and this example is a smaller size! I have to say this makes an unexpected but most welcome pair!




I have a healthy collection of J.L. Gannon Co. N. Providence, RI sodas. It looks like I'm still rounding out the collection as this is a new ABM crown top variant.