Sunday, December 25, 2022

Spring Finds #3 2022

Another surprise addition from Al was a Dexter Bottling Co. Central Falls, RI quart. I already have two Dexter quarts and figured that was all there was, but this is another variant!



Brimfield this spring was very slim pickings. I was able to find an Edwin P. Anthony Pharmacist Providence, RI medicine. Normally this is nothing special as Anthony bottles are quite common, but this one was rectangular instead of square.



A recent trade with a friend landed me a Hazard, Hazard & Co. LOV NY Newport clear medicine. I call this style LOV sort for the Latin motton on the front, Labor Omnia Vincit (hard work conquers all). I have one of these rare clear examples with Caswell erased under the first Hazard. Now I just need the prized green version!



Back at the city dump I was slowly coaxing out a few more bottles. A Fred L. Lothrop Pharmacist Providence, RI was unlisted at 4”.



My best find was a completely unlisted E. Batchelder's Standard Extracts Providence, RI. These completely unknown bottles are few and far between, and always a delight to discover!